Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007

MY FIRST LOVE

I still remember the day I have got to know my first love. It was in the time when I worked for Thornfield. I was about sixteen or seventeen years old. I can’t remember the age exactly. I liked the place at Thornfield very much, it was the best place that I had. I had much to work but it didn't disturb. The time was simply good for me there, because I liked the people very much who surrounded me. First life at Thornfield seemed very quiet, I only surrounded me by Adele, my pupil and the housekeeper of Rochester. By the time she got a friend of me, because she was always very kind and helpful. Before, I never had a real friend. My life changed drastically as, Edward Rochester, the owner of the estate arrived to us. First, I didn't have a lot to do with him. He was also much older than me. I think he already shut on the forty. I externally liked him, he was big, dark-haired, sporting and had an attractive face. But I already felt a feeling at our first meeting which, I didn't know before. Within the months following on this, we got to know us better and became friends. But this peculiar feeling got stronger and stronger. Until I recognized the truth of this feeling. I was in love into my work giver and friend. Whenever we met, tickled it in my belly and a smile conjured itself up on my face. But I was afraid to confess my feelings to him. He was my employer and to this still much more older than me. I knew that he didn't feel the same for me. But sometimes I couldn't conceal it any more and simply had to tell it to him. I wondered for a long time how I could tell him. I still know, when he picked me up with his black sports car. We briefly went to drink only a tea, then he brought me back again. Due to his atmosphere I didn't dare to confess my feelings to him. When I got out, he still gave me a letter with the label "my last thoughts". I read the letter, when I saw Rochester around the curve driving. He wrote in this letter about his senses of me and that he could conceal her no more. But he also wrote that he couldn't live with these feelings any more and that he would depart certainly on this following day. I didn't have a driver's licence. I nevertheless took the car from the housekeeper and went to the station. At the last moment I still could hold him back. I told him what I felt. In the end I was very happy despite of the events. Our relation held for only for 3 years. But I will never forget him.

1 Kommentar:

Guenter hat gesagt…

t: the day I got to know .... (past!) (2)
exp/t: "in the time when" = while : while I was working for ... (1)
str: ... very much. It was the best place ... (either finish sentences or connect them properly) (1)
exp / t: "that I had" - that I had ever lived at (2)
exp: "I had much to work." (Germanism) There was a lot of work to do. (1)
exp: "it didn't disturb" -->??? (3)
str: "the people who surrounded me very much" (1) The rel. pronoun must follow the word it belongs to.
str: (You don't connect sentences properly!) ... very quiet. I surrounded ... (1)
exp/str: I was surrounded by ... (2)
punction: Adele, my pupil, ...
g: and Rochester's housekeeper (1)
exp: ... she became my friend (1)
exp: "by the time" [bis] ---> gradually, by and by, ... (2)
commas: as Edward Rochester, the ..., arrived ...
exp: He arrived ... no "to us" (2)
exp: "shut on the 40" ??? (3)
exp: "externally liked" --> I liked his appearance (1)
punctuation: ... liked him: he was ...
exp: "felt a feeling"
comma: .... which I didn't ...
t: ... which I had never felt before. (1)
exp: "Within the months following on this" --> in the following months (1)
exp: ... got to know each other better (1)
style: "got stronger" --> grew
exp: "I was in love into my work giver and friend" --> I had fallen in love with my employer and friend (1, 1)
WO: "tickled it in my belly" --> it tickled ... (3)
exp: "to this" - außerdem --> furthermore, in addition, what is more
g: "much more older" -> much older (2)
exp: "We briefly went to drink only a tea" --> we went out for a cup of tea (1)
exp: "his atmosphere" ??? (2)
exp: "get out" ??? --> left (2)
exp: still = immer noch (1)
exp: "a letter with the label" --> a letter with the words ... (1)
exp/str: when I saw him driving around the bend (2) - "curve" = Kurve in the Mathematik
exp: "his senses of me" ??? (3)
g: he could conceal it no more (2)
str: "for only for 3 years" - one "for" is too many (1)

Du wählst hier nicht eine Situation aus dem Buch, in die du dich dann hineinstellst. Das ist mehr eine Art Tagebucheintrag - aber keine wirkliche Geschichte - so wie wir das im ersten Semester geübt haben.